HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TART SHELLS
- Add powdered sugar to the mixer. 0.25 pounds
2. Add margarine. 0.375 pounds
3. Mix the powdered sugar and the margarine.
4. Add eggs and continue at the lowest speed. 0.125 pounds
5. Stop the mixer. Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to mix.
6. Add almond flour to the mixer. Continue mixing. 0.0625 pounds
7. Add pastry flour to the mixer. Continue mixing. 0.575 pounds
8. Stop the mixer when the mix is bound together.
9. Put the dough into a plastic bag and tightly close. Store in the fridge for 45 minutes before use. Preheat the oven to 350°F (260°C).
10. Take the dough from the fridge. Roll the dough between guitar sheets until it becomes 2mm thick. Acetate guitar sheets are available here.
11. Cut out circles of dough in any size. I'm using 3 in (7.5 cm) diameter.
You can choose your own cutter from our wide variety of collections here. Cutters
12. Cut out strips.
13. Put the strips along the inside of the pie form. Use the same technique as me.
14. Cut the extra dough with a knife. Go from inside to outside.
15. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
You can also watch this tutorial on Youtube.